While we are close to the effects of the COVID-19 Lockout being lifted, many teams and coaches are itching to get back to this wonderful game. Just like the buildup to the initial Season Opener, jaws are moving and the intensity is at an all-time high. Although the schedule has not been released, it leads us to wonder what games need to played in a smashing comeback for the ages.
- 49ers vs Jets (The Smoke-A-Bowl): The stars aligned for the highest anticipated game in LAEFL history. It was the first game officially scheduled and the lockout put a damper on what would have been the ride of a lifetime. While both coaches enjoyed their gardens separately, The Chalice needs a home quick!
- Raiders vs Steelers: The classic rivalry comes to the board with Ant’s new look team against his longtime rival ERob. While the respect will always be there, the taste of defeat still lingers on the tongues of the Oakland squad. Despite there being a new group of men on the block, the coaching is still there and the Steel Curtain’s reputation is on the line.
- Rams vs Cowboys: Coach Mark Sr. and Coach Leon loss their first games. However, both coaches did not go down without a verbal fight. The beauty and basis of this league has been its trash-talk and these two can make the game as excited as can be with their war of words.
- Bills vs Vikings: Ajah and Mark II have history with their 21-point comebacks. The younger Holguin is in his third season and coming into his own with the pre-season chatter towards his rival in Minnesota. Expect nothing but a truly loud, obnoxious, sailor-mouthed LAEFL game if given the opportunity
- Browns vs Texans: John wants Pittsburgh. However, both teams have the same record with losses to Show Contenders. One needs to remember the infamous pre-season game that sent Rev into revenge tour and a number one seed. Both teams have a strong running game but each team’s air attack will be a showcase worthy of a welcome back.
- Eagles vs Lions: Eagles are in line to win The Show. Another test will be the Eric Thompson’s Lions who have battled hard in past LAEFL seasons. The lone ranger from Vegas is set to make a trip and if we are able to gather as a group, this can certainly be a Game of the Year nominee.
- Ravens vs Chiefs: If the Ravens show up, it should be a closer game. Two rookies looking for their first LAEFL win and each have a tremendous RPO designed for big yards and big numbers on the stat sheet.
So while Commissioner ERob is setting up a plan of attack when this is all over, every just needs to be ready for whatever may come their way.